A smooth and creamy Vegan Potato Salad. The secret is in the sauce!
- 6 Red Potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 Ribs Celery finely chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Relish
- 1 can Cannellini Beans 15oz
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Wash and scrub 6 medium-sized Red Potatoes and cube into large chunks.
- Add the potatoes to a large pan and cover with water. Boil until just fork tender – 5-10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, drain, and set aside in refrigerator to cool while preparing salad and dressing.
- Finely chop onion, red bell pepper, and celery and add to a large bowl. Stir in relish and mix thoroughly.
- For the dressing, empty the can of beans (including the juice) into your blender and add all the remaining dressing ingredients. Blend on high until smooth.
- Carefully mix the cooled potatoes with the salad ingredients and then fold in at least 1 cup of the dressing. Mix carefully.
- Garnish with a dusting of paprika if desired.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
Note: The dressing makes about 2 cups – I would start with just 1 cup of the dressing and add more if necessary. Use the remainder as a salad dressing or mayo substitute.