A smooth and creamy Vegan Potato Salad. The secret is in the sauce!
- 6 red potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
- 1 can cannellini beans 15oz
- 3 Tbsp. lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wash and scrub 6 medium-sized red potatoes and cube into large chunks.
- Add the potatoes to a large pan and cover with water. Boil until just fork tender – 5-10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, drain, and set aside in refrigerator to cool while preparing salad and dressing.
- Finely chop onion, red bell pepper, and celery and add to a large bowl. Stir in relish and mix thoroughly.
- For the dressing, empty the can of beans (including the juice) into your blender and add all the remaining dressing ingredients. Blend on high until smooth.
- Carefully mix the cooled potatoes with the salad ingredients and then fold in at least 1 cup of the dressing. Mix carefully.
- Garnish with a dusting of paprika if desired.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
Note: The dressing makes about 2 cups. I would start with 1 cup of the dressing and add more if necessary. Use the remainder as a salad dressing or mayo substitute.