This vegan, black bean burger is packed with protein and fiber and is terrific out on a picnic!!.
- 1-1/2 cups black beans 15 oz. can (drained and rinsed) or fresh cooked
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce without anchovies, or Bragg’s Aminos
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning dry spice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- In a large bowl, mash black beans with a potato masher.
- Dice onion and red pepper.
- Add all ingredients to bowl with black beans.
- Mix thoroughly. I use my hands to knead them well.
- Form into patties. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. You can also pan fry in non-stick skillet.
- Serve on a bun with onion, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite condiments.
Contributed by Marie Leone